Saturday, August 23, 2008

We're Back!

I need to create things. I don't know if I mentioned that before.

I am a creative personality and I absolutely love it when something comes together. For example, it doesn't take much more than a properly placed line to get me excited about a sketch starting to take shape, and a well-written page gets me psyched to continue pushing more story. A few good colors and smooth application make my brush lighter - a great transition makes a long night of video processing all worth it - on and on it goes. I create, and I get that creator's high.

The actual problem is that I have a hard time staying motivated. Once the pages stop coming, or once the sketch starts to deteriorate and spin off in odd directions, I get discouraged and quit. Why do I do this? I'm not sure.

I think in this particularly digital world, distractions are everywhere; podcasts, video games and general surfing are something I find myself falling into. I mean, countless times during this post alone I've found things that have driven me from my purpose.

What's the solution? I'm not sure. Since I work in a primarily digital medium and have ample amounts of free time during my shifts at work, I can't see much else besides some discipline getting me out of this particularly annoying little rut.

I'll be trying to post more regularly. Keep it real!

--Danno